Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Answering your questions

Hey ya'll, Bubba here... We were in Chicago last week, a new track for us in the truck series, and it turned out to be a pretty good run for our team. Colin did a really good job adapting to this track and brought the Con-way Freight True LTLSM Ford F-150 home to a third-place finish. Our trusty chassis no. 43 was definitely the right truck for this track. I can't wait to take this chassis to Las Vegas, where it has been to victory lane before. Once again, we dodged the raindrops, and got the race in as scheduled. After a quick 12-hour trip home, we had the race hauler unloaded by 2pm on Saturday, and I proceeded to do my weekly 34-hour reset.

This week we are off to another new track, this time in Newton, Iowa. I'm pretty excited about going to Iowa Speedway. After seeing the enormous crowd the Nationwide Series had, I'm sure there will be a lot of fans in the seats for our race, especially since it's Labor Day weekend. For any of the fans who are in or around the Newton area on Thursday, the truck series will be having a hauler parade through the downtown area at or around 6pm. I know there will be extra pressure on all of us hauler drivers to have our rigs sparkling clean for all the fans to see. We all take a lot of pride in this and to me it's about taking pride in our sponsor too. We were fortunate to do a tire test at this track in May which should help us in the long run. It is important to the team, me, and especially Colin to keep our recent good luck rolling in the right direction. Hopefully any bad luck that was around was left in Montreal, where Colin ran the Nationwide race last weekend.

Now to answer some of my recent questions... First I'll talk about our pit stops for Colin. Although we've been doing really well, we all strive to be the best on pit road every week. Some weeks we achieve this goal, and some weeks we fall a little short. It's a whole lot more fun when you're on top, and there's no better feeling than knowing you got the driver out ahead of all these other teams that are trying to beat you. Hopefully, this gives you some insight into our pit stop mentality. To answer the next question posted, my family is doing great. Both of my boys are growing like weeds, and my wife is going crazy trying to keep up with both of them. She deserves more credit than I give her sometimes, for putting up with my schedule and taking care of our family. I definitely couldn't do it without her. Although she hasn't been to many races since the boys were born, I'm sure as they get older, she'll be there again to support me in person. Now on to the third post... My Oklahoma family goes to at least two races a year, both of these being the Texas races in the spring and fall. Since Dallas is only three hours away from them, it's the easiest for them to get to. Both they and my wife never miss a race though... a lot of this is thanks to the greatest invention... DVR. I also use the DVR to watch the races when I get home, especially if it was a good one. Thanks for all the comments, and I look forward to answering more of your questions!


Stay safe...
Bubba

5 comments:

  1. Hey, Bubba,

    How is Colin handling the move up to Nationwide next year? I'm gonna miss him in the # 6. Any idea if Conway will sponser another Rousch truck next year? Love to move up with Colin, but understand if it doesnt happen

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a fun time at the Newton race! It was nice to meet you and some of the others involved with the 6 team. We thought the team worked well together!! What was the overall opinion of the new racetrack?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were wondering if you stay in a hotel when you have to stay overnite at a track or do you sleep in the hauler?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Which time of the day does the #6 team prefer to race - in the afternoon or at night under the lights?

    ReplyDelete
  5. How often does the crew practice pit stops during the week? Do all of the guys and Colin work out with weights on a regular basis?

    ReplyDelete

Colin's Fan Page

Read Colin's diary, participate in fan forums, download the official Roush Fenway iTunes mix and more.

Join Now

Confidence in Motion

For more than 25 years, Con-way Freight has delivered superior less-than-truckload (LTL) performance, comprehensive coverage and service excellence from our network of more than 365 operating locations across North America.

Learn More

Facebook Twitter RSS